Whale Packages: Beachfront rooms + Zodiac tours!
Specials at Pacific Sands: Current Specials at the Beach Resort
Tofino Resort and Marina: Tofino's Newest Waterfront Resort
Cox Bay Beach Resort: Stay 3 nights or more and save $45/ night!
Seasonal Packages: Save $40/nt & enjoy daily breakfasts.
Middle Beach Lodge: Last minute specials. Have a look!
Winter in Tofino!
Tofino is often overlooked by folks thinking about a winter vacation. Whether it's a weekend away or a week-long surf holiday, Tofino can be a great winter destination. Don't expect the weather to be hot and sunny. While we do get a few sun days here and there, the average daytime winter temperature in Tofino is around 13 degrees Celsius. If you bring some raingear and a sense of adventure, the solitude that Tofino offers this time of year can make for the best vacation you could ask for.
Top Ten Winter Secrets in Tofino:
- Surfing for Everyone: There's almost always a beach that presents the right conditions for beginners and expert surfers
- Cheap Accommodations: At some times in the winter months you can stay at a beachfront hotel for around $100/night.
- Beachcombing: Strong winter Pacific storms can bring unusual and fun natural and human-made flotsam to our beaches... watch for elusive Japanese glass balls!
- Gorgeous Morning Light: When the sun comes up at 8:00 in the morning, you can sleep in and still get a chance to experience the soft, diffuse morning light.
- Rain in a Rainforest: We prefer the trails in Pacific Rim National Park Reserve in winter when there are fewer humans so we experience more of the forest's life.
- Candlelit Dining: Most restaurants are open all winter long. You don't need a reservation, there are no lineups and the seafood is amazing!
- Stormwatching: More popular than ever, longtime Tofino winter visitors actually plan vacations around forecasted storms. When you experience one, you'll know why.
- Gallery Hopping: Tofino attracts exceptional artists and they are on display in a number of boutiques and galleries around town.
- Ucluelet Day Trip: Our neighbour to the south, Ucluelet has a magnificent trail and some great places for lunch or dinner.
- Indescribable Sunsets: A winter Tofino sunset is something that can't be described. It has to be experienced, so start looking for your winter accommodation now!
Summer is 'On the Water' Season
Visitors to Tofino often ask us "What is one thing you recommend doing while we're in Tofino?". In the summer, our answer is always "Get out on the water -- however and whenever you can." Whether it's whale watching, surfing, a trip to hot springs or any other water-based activity, it's essential to experience Clayoquot Sound's expansive contrast of ocean, forest and mountains from the water.
One of the main reasons that visitors flock to Tofino is for our world-famous beaches, and winter is our favorite time to walk the beach or have a festive beach fire with friends and family. Bring a blanket, buy some dry kindling and firewood and experience the cozy, low-light winter mood that makes winter a favorite season for many visitors.
The hiking around Tofino and the Pacific Rim National Park is exceptional anytime of year, but the crowds are gone in the winter and the rainforest has a certain mood that is hard to describe -- it's dark and light, friendly yet distant... all at the same time. You'll have to experience the forest's winter moods and solitude for yourself...
Getting to Tofino
While it is possible to fly directly to Tofino, most folks drive in their own vehicle. As such, we've prepared a getting here page, which details the amazing drive out to the wonderful west coast. We also have a full page of maps.
If you are looking for bus service to Tofino, please be aware that Tofino Bus offers exceptional scheduled bus and charter bus services from Vancouver, Victoria, Nanaimo, Port Alberni and the Comox Valley. For more information about Tofino Bus, visit their website.