Tofino Activities for Children & Families
My wife and I are fortunate to have kids in Tofino. Most days we have problems trying to figure out how to choose from all of the fantastic opportunities of things to do with our wee ones. Just going to the beach provides a full weekend of fun, boogie boarding and surfing, playing bocce, digging holes and burying the youngest in the sand (head protruding, of course).
Top 10 things to do in Tofino with the Kids
- Check out the displays at the Wickaninnish Interpretive Centre
- Attend a Parks presentation at Greenpoint Campground’s Theatre
- Visit the Whale Centre Museum or Clayoquot Theatre
- Roast wieners and marshmallows, build sand castles, fly a kite. All of the latter to be done on the beach.
- Rent boogie boards and wet suits to hit the waves or visit Tofino's new Skate Park
- Take the family kayaking with a guide
- Head to the Raincoast Interpretive Centre which provides a fun learning environment
- Observe Tidal Pools at Chesterman's Beach or MacKenzie Beach (low tide required)
- Visit the Playground at the Village Green (between Second and Third Streets on Campbell Street).
- Shop for great children's books, games or toys at one of the local gift shops and use them to mount an expedition of the area.
- Head down to one of the public docks with a fishing rod and lunch meat for bait. Jig, catch, laugh, release.